Saturday, July 12, 2008

Verona - At the Opera "Carmen"

Yes, I bought a fan. It was so hot there. There were folks dressed to the "nines" here, and then us, tourists that were site seeing all day, and still in our sweaty clothes. But no one seemed to care! I'm going back, you can be on it. This city has so much to see and do, and it is very beautiful! I plan on going back many times. It is only around 38 miles from me. Too good to be true!! Did I mention I love having visitors?

The set and curtain

Inside of the Arena. We had great seats down on the floor. The sound was awesome, and so was the Opera. There are concerts held here also. Santana played the week before. Of course, not just anyone can perform here. There are strict rules and only "special" people deemed that by a panal of Verona citizens, get to perform here. It was awesome!!









This Arena is dated 3rd century AD. Emperor Gallienus added on to it.

1 comments:

Colby and Malea said...

WOW Looks like so much fun!

All My Family

All My Family
Taylors Graduation

Adam and Taylor

Adam and Taylor
Visit to Germany, BlackForest