Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hunting in Germany



I went hunting with my landlord and his neighbors. He is sooooo into hunting, so we hit if off right away when I found my house. Anyway, of course I couldn't carry a gun, there are very strict laws about that. The Germans are very serious about their hunts. It is very organized, and it is like a ritual. We all spread out, and then walked towards each other. (Yeah I almost freaked out too.) Then, when the rabbits start running, they shoot. I didn't carry a gun, so I got to carry the rabbits after they were shot. A little man on a tractor pulled this cart that was decorated. The rabbits were hung like you see. Then, in the middle of nowhere, food and drink were brought at lunch time. (Beer and Schnaps, etc) A big fire was made and then they blew horns to say we could eat. Then, off we go again, of course after the horns blew again. After the hunt, we came home to a huge dinner, and the skining of the rabbits. I was so tired, I could barely eat. They have fun!!

0 comments:

All My Family

All My Family
Taylors Graduation

Adam and Taylor

Adam and Taylor
Visit to Germany, BlackForest